OMG. Game-changing breakfast recipe. Goodbye toast, hello press patties!! Just make up a batch of ‘dough’, add whatever grated or finely chopped veggies you have in the fridge & sandwich press some patties! They can be made in batches & stored in the fridge or freezer - perfect for hot breakfast or for protein in the lunchboxes, even a quick reheat for dinner.
- 1x 400g Burger Mix bag
- 200ml water
- 50ml oil
- grated sweet potato (use a little or a lot). My fave ratio is 400g sweet potato: 400g dry Burger Mix.
- Empty Burger Mix into a large mixing bowl
- Add 200ml of water, mix well & leave to thicken (overnight or at least a few hours)
- Grate sweet potato into mixture, add oil & work through with clean hands
- Grab a handful of dough, shape into a rough ball & place onto an oiled sandwich press.
- Press down and cook until nicely browned (approx 5-6mins but will vary depending on heat). Press down firmly for a thinner / crispier patty & more gently for a thicker, softer patty.
- Remove from the heat, top with avocado, tomato & sliced onion, a squeeze of lemon & salt & pepper.