An easy healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner option for the whole family (to help you get through all that canned food you panic bought)! Protein, fibre, omega-3’s, plenty of vitamins & minerals – food to survive & even thrive during the covid lockdown!
1 x 400g packet of Burger Mix, soaked (in 200mL of water overnight)
30mL olive oil
1 x can of white beans (butter beans or cannellini) well drained & rinsed
200g of tinned salmon (or could use smoked)
1 cup of shallots finely chopped
More olive oil for frying
- Empty ‘Burger Mix’ packet into a bowl. Add 200mL of water, mix thoroughly & leave in the fridge overnight (or a few days is fine).
- Mash the rinsed & drained white beans, olive oil, & salmon roughly together in a large bowl using a fork.
- Add the soaked Burger Mix & shallots into the salmon & bean mix, mixing until everything is evenly combined into a pattie ‘dough’.
- Take handfuls of ‘dough’, shaped into patties & cook in a well oiled fry pan or sandwich press (put a little oil on top of your patties too if using a press). *this recipe would also work well shaped into balls & baked.
- Top with avocado, tomato, a sprinkle of salt & pepper & a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Serve on a bed of fresh greens.
Makes 10 -12 patties, depending on size.