Vegan Nutella Cheesecake
OMG. The creamy, fudgey, decadent texture you can achieve using a combo of tinned beans (yes legumes in a cheesecake, trust me - it works), plus nut butter & coconut oil is amazing! You can adapt this to make lemon, vanilla, ginger, passionfruit....whatever cheesecakey-fudgey-vegan-dessert slices you like! The secret to the texture here I think is nuts + tinned beans + coconut oil + whatever your sweetener & flavour is. Here's my first crack at a nutella one - disappeared really quickly, despite attempts to hide it! Rich & chocolatey but not too rich. The Bliss Ball Mix is a nice easy ready-to-go base, so you can put all your time & creativity into making the filling amazing!
- 1x 375g Bliss Ball Mix (previously known as BallBags)
- 50g of coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of vanilla essence
- 2 tins of white beans (use any canned white beans, ie canellini, faba, butter beans, chickpeas...just rinse & drain really well).
- 400g of cashew + hazelnut butter (I used Noya - or you could use plain cashew for a plain choc flavour, or ABC, but you'll need hazelnut for the nutella taste!)
- Maple syrup (1/2 cup or a bit more or less to your taste).
- 1 tbsp of Vanilla essence or to taste (I love vanilla & it will ensure you can’t detect any bean flavour if you're a bit scared of that)!
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder (more or less depending on how dark you like your choc treats, I like pretty rich & dark, but lighter would also work if that's your preference).
- 4-6 tbsp of coconut oil (more will make it more solid when cold, less will mean it’s lighter / more ‘fudgey’).
- Optional - pinch of fine salt & a splash of vanilla essence (to bring out the flavour).
- Topping (Optional to make it look pretty & provide extra texture) crushed / roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts or mixed nuts.