This Banana Bread recipe allows you the treat of having a delicious banana bread fix, without all the guilt! The natural sugars and moisture of the bananas combine perfectly with the paleo Neoblend nuts and seeds to provide a low GI gluten-free desert.
1 cup activated NeoBlend (now Blend13)
2 cups almond meal
4 smashed ripe bananas
3 free range / organic eggs
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup of coconut or macadamia nut oil
½ tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat your oven to 180 C.
2. Combine smashed banana, eggs, coconut sugar, oil, cinnamon, vanilla,
3. Mix baking soda and lemon together and add to liquid ingredients.
4. Add in the almond meal and NeoBlend and mix well.
5. Place baking paper in a loaf tin and pour in mixture
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out dry
Best served warm or toasted
Makes 1 loaf serves 10-12.
Recipe by Emma, Taste tested by Tom.
Come down and see Emma and Tom at the Kingscliff Markets on the 2nd and 4th Saturday each month