Black Bean & Corn Savoury Slice
This Black Bean and Corn Savoury Slice is vegan, high-protein and fibre-rich! Our savoury slice recipes are designed to be topped with things like fresh avocado, salsa or a chilli sauce. They are like toast, but much more nutritious! This recipe would also work great as veggie patties.
Savoury Slice Ingredients1 pack of soaked Burger Mix (follow directions on front of pack) 2x 400g tins of black beans 1tsp salt 2 cups of corn kernels 5 heaped tbsp of tomato paste
- Add pre-soaked Burger Mix & all other ingredients to a big bowl.
- Mix well until evenly combined
- Flatten mixture into 2x paper-lined trays, to a thickness of approx 1cm.
- Bake at 180 degrees for approx 40mins, or until you can see some separation from the edges of the tray & cracking on the surface.
- Cut into squares & top with avocado, tomato & red onion - or whatever you like! Fresh coriander & salsa would also be great.