Gluten Free Carrot Cake
Gluten free carrot cake rocks! This one is so dense, not too sweet & with loads of prebiotic fibre, resistant starch, good fats, protein & a good serve of veggies! With so much nutrition packed in here it kinda overrides the guilt of it being a sweet treat! The gluten free carrot cake recipe can be cooked 3 ways - muffins, ring tin or slow-cooked into a moist carrot cake pudding!
Gluten Free Carrot Cake Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 cups activated Blend 11 (seed & superfood mix)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3 cups grated carrot (firmly packed)
- 1 rounded dessert spoon of cinnamon
- 2 flat teaspoons of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of natural yoghurt + 1 flat tsp of bicarb soda (mixed with a fork) *for dairy free substitute coconut yoghurt or plant milk + a good dash of lemon or orange juice
- 3 eggs + 1 cup of water (beaten with fork) *use egg replacement for vegan / egg free option
- 100g of melted butter or coconut oil
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl (including grated carrot).
- Melt the butter or coconut oil.
- Mix the bi-carb & yoghurt together in a cup
- Beat the eggs & water with a fork in a small bowl
- Add both the wet ingredient mixes & the melted butter into your large bowl with the dry ingredients & combine well (you'll need to mix & then use clean hands to finish it off / ensure it's all evenly combined as it's not runny / liquid like a regular cake mix).
- Press mixture down firmly into well greased ring tin & leftover into muffin trays, bake on a mid or high shelf at 180 degrees c, for approx 40 mins (muffins) & 1 hr for the ring tin.