No products in the cart.
This healthy take on the traditional bounty is a must for ALL coconut lovers. The addition of coconut yoghurt give a probiotic punch to your basic protein ball. The dairy free chocolate melts in your mouth for the ultimate chocolate, coconutty experience of heaven in your mouth =)
– 1 packet 375g ballBags
– 2 tbsp Pure N Free Coconut Yoghurt
– 1/4 cup Desiccated coconut
– 1 cup (~200 g) finely chopped cocoa butter
– 4 Tbsp (60 ml) maple syrup or agave nectar
– 1/2 cup (48 g) cacao powder
– optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract
– optional: pinch sea salt
1. Place ballBags mix, coconut yoghurt and desiccated coconut into a bowl and play mud pies.
2. Roll mixture into balls- if the mixture is too soft add 1 tsp of coconut at a time until balls come together nicely. if mixture is too dry and falls apart add one level teaspoon of coconut yoghurt at a time until balls form nicely.
3. Place into freezer for 30 minutes- 1 hour
4. Fill a saucepan 1/4 of the way with water and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce to simmer.Then set a medium glass or ceramic mixing bowl on top, making sure it’s not touching the water (this creates a “double boiler”).
5. Add finely chopped cocoa butter to the bowl and let melt – 2-3 minutes.
6. Once melted, add the maple syrup or agave nectar and use a whisk or wooden spoon to mix until fluid and thoroughly combined. Remove bowl from the saucepan and turn off the heat.
7. Add cacao, vanilla (optional), and sea salt (optional), and whisk to combine until there are no clumps.
8. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes
9. Remove balls from freezer and dip into chocolate until fully covered
10. Place onto a baking paper lined tray and place in the fridge
11. For double chocolate hit coat the balls in a second layer of chocolate- place back into the freezer at least 30 minutes between layers
12. Place any leftover chocolate into moulds to set in the fridge- or just let the kids lick the bowl =)
13. Hide the bounty balls from the kids and enjoy them all yourself =)
Thank you to Emma Boucher for this recipe!