No products in the cart.
This Black Bean and Corn Savoury Slice is vegan, high-protein and fibre-rich! Our savoury slice recipes are designed to be topped with things like fresh avocado, salsa or a chilli sauce. They are like toast, but much more nutritious! This recipe would also work great as veggie patties.
Savoury Slice Ingredients
1 pack of soaked BixMix (follow directions on front of pack)
2x 400g tins of black beans
2 cups of corn kernels
5 heaped tbsp of tomato paste
- Add pre-soaked BixMix & all other ingredients to a big bowl.
- Mix well until evenly combined
- Flatten mixture into 2x paper-lined trays, to a thickness of approx 1cm.
- Bake at 180 degrees for approx 40mins, or until you can see some separation from the edges of the tray & cracking on the surface.
- Cut into squares & top with avocado, tomato & red onion – or whatever you like! Fresh coriander & salsa would also be great.
Makes approx 30 snack-sized pieces (mix fills 2 large baking trays)