No products in the cart.
OMG. Game-changing breakfast recipe. Goodbye toast, hello press patties!! Just make up a batch of ‘dough’, add whatever grated or finely chopped veggies you have in the fridge & sandwich press some patties! They can be made in batches & stored in the fridge or freezer – perfect for hot breakfast or for protein in the lunchboxes, even a quick reheat for dinner.
- 1x 400g BixMix bag
- 200ml water
- 50ml oil
- grated sweet potato (use a little or a lot). My fave ratio is 400g sweet potato: 400g dry Bixmix.
- Empty BixMix into a large mixing bowl
- Add 200ml of water, mix well & leave to thicken (overnight or at least a few hours)
- Grate sweet potato into mixture, add oil & work through with clean hands
- Grab a handful of dough, shape into a rough ball & place onto an oiled sandwich press.
- Press down and cook for 3-4 mins or until nicely browned. (Press down firmly for a thinner / crispier patty & more gently for a thicker, softer patty).
- Remove from the heat, top with avocado, tomato & sliced onion, a squeeze of lemon & salt & pepper.
Makes a varied amount of patties depending on how much grated veg you add. But a 400g packet with no veggies added will make 10 good sized patties. If you add veggies at a 1:1 ratio you should make approx 20 patties. Think pumpkin, corn, carrot, zucchini, peas, broccoli, cauliflower…