If you haven’t dehydrated strawberries before, we definitely recommend you give it a go! It wasn’t a hard decision to add a little extra to the classic caramel slice and top them with these sweet dried strawberries to make all the chocolate and berry lovers drool.
– a handful of fresh strawberries
– 375g Bliss Ball Protein Ball Premix, vegan or whey
– 45ml of coconut oil
– 6 medjool dates, pitted
– 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds (blitz into a powder)
– 1 tsp of coconut oil
– 1 tbsp of almond butter
– 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
– pinch of sea salt
– 1/4 cup of raw cacao
– 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
– 1/3 cup of rice malt syrup
1. Dehydrated Strawberries: Preheat your oven to 100 Degrees. Wash and dry a handful of fresh strawberries. Slice thinly and lay on a tray covered in baking paper. Place in the oven for 2 hours. (Make use of your warm oven and dehydrate a few punnet’s of strawberries, make some flax seed crackers or activate some nuts!)
2. Base: Mix the dry Bliss Ball mix with 45ml of coconut oil and press 1.5 tablespoon’s of mixture firmly into your silicon cupcake moulds (6 in total). Place in the freezer while you make your caramel filling. Roll any extra mix into bliss balls.
3. Caramel Filling: Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor. Evenly divide the gooey caramel between your 6 moulds. Dip your fingers in coconut oil to press down to stop the caramel from sticking. Place in the freezer while you make your chocolate layer.
4. Chocolate Layer: Mix all ingredients together and spoon into silicon moulds. Lightly press dried strawberries into the chocolate layer. Place in the freezer to set.
These Strawberry Caramel Slice’s are best enjoyed straight from the fridge or freezer.