Very warm and hearty, making it perfect for a cold winters night and can be refrigerated and topped with fruit for a delicious summer dessert.
1 cup of Arborio rice
2 cups of water
1 can of coconut milk
1 cup of almond milk (can use more coconut milk)
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Vanilla essence
Sweeten to taste (I used ½ cup of raw honey)
1 heaped tsp turmeric (optional)
2 heaped Tpsb of Blend11
1. Cook the Arborio rice with the water on a medium heat until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid. Add the coconut milk, cinnamon, vanilla and honey and do the same.
2. Whisk the 2 eggs and the almond milk in a bowl until combined properly.
3. Turn the heat to medium/low and slowly add this mixture to the rice while stirring vigorously. Don’t stop stirring until the rice pudding has finished cooking, otherwise the eggs will curdle and you’ll end up with scrambled eggs mixed in with your pudding (yuck!).
4. Once the rice appears slightly thick and really creamy, add the turmeric if you want some added anti-inflammatory benefits and serve with your soaked Blend11 on top.
4 small serves
Recipe by: Candice Allum
Find Candice @
- PBC Markets (every Saturday)
- Tamborine Markets (2nd Sunday of the month)