Organic, raw, vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free & dairy free take on the classic magnum ice cream.
– 1 C Coconut Cream
– 2 Ripe Frozen Bananas
– 1 tsp. vanilla powder/vanilla extract
– ½ C Cacao butter (or coconut oil*)
– 1/2 C Cacao powder
– 2 tbsp. of sweetener (coconut syrup/agave syrup/rice malt syrup)
*Note: you can use coconut oil instead of the butter however it tends to melt quicker + is not as creamy!
1. To make the vanilla ice cream: blend the coconut cream, bananas and vanilla powder in a high speed blender until creamy. Pour into four popsicle moulds and freeze overnight, or until solid.
2. To remove the ice creams run water over the mould. They should pull out easily (if not, repeat this step). Lay the popsicles onto a tray lined with baking paper and return to the freezer while you make the chocolate.
3. To make the chocolate: stir the cacao butter over low heat until melted. Add the cacao powder and maple syrup and stir until smooth. Dip the popsicles in the chocolate. Place back on your paper lined tray and return to the freezer – you can repeat this step again after 30 minutes or so for a thicker chocolate layer.
4. Once ready to serve – allow to thaw before devouring ☺