These Greedy Good Granola Bars get eaten quickly by the little fingers in our house… but who am I to complain when they are so good for you! It’s a special little treat for the kids approved by our smiley dentists at Haberfield Dental Practice. We also like to support local wholesome products and found the lovely Blend 11 goodmix at our local specialty grocer – Paesanella in Haberfield.
1 cup goodMix Blend 11
1 cup unsalted almonds (roasted)
3/4 cup medjool pitted dates
1/2 cup rolled organic oats (roasted)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup unsalted creamy peanut butter
1. Turn oven on grill setting 300 degrees Celsius. Spread out your raw almonds and oats on a lined baking tray and toast for a couple of minutes until golden. Keep checking as they can burn quite quickly!
2. Add dates to a food processor and blend for a minute until smooth or rolls into a ball.
3. Add dates, toasted almonds and oats to the bowl with the other ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
4. Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin (or smaller if you want a thicker stack) with baking paper. If you find it hard to fit the baking paper add some oil spray first to the tin then lay the baking paper over the top.
5. Tip the ingredients in the tin and flatten to smooth with the back of a drinking glass so it’s tight and packed in.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and ensure it sits against the mixture. Refrigerate to set for around 20 minutes.
7. Remove from fridge once set, place on chopping board. Remove plastic wrap and carefully remove the set mixture onto the board by lifting it out with the baking paper.
8. Cut into squares by cutting in the middle of the square then in the middle again, and then repeat the other way. You should end up with about 16 squares or 8 bars you can make them as big or as small as you like!
9. Store in an airtight container but they won’t last long… they are too GOOD!
Notes, all ingredients have been purchased with no added sugars, no preservatives or nasties.