These are extremely decadent, cakey and fudgey all at once so hide them or they’ll be gone in no time! You can even make awesome brownies sundae by adding vegan banana ice cream, melted chocolate and crushed nuts. Mmmmmmmm :-)
420g organic butter or coconut oil (I know its a lot)
360g coconut sugar
120g flour (quinoa, buckwheat, millet or teff flour should work)
150g hazelnut meal
3 tsp coffee granules
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1 cup activated Blend11
optional: 150g roasted hazelnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C
2. Melt the butter over a low heat and whisk in the sugar, cacao and coffee until the mixture is smooth and the sugar is dissolved.
3. Take the mixture off the heat and whisk in the hazelnut meal, flour, salt and Blend11 until combined. This should be enough to cool the mixture, but if it is still hot allow to cool for a few minutes.
4. Then mix in the eggs and hazelnuts until combined and place into your lined tin and bake for 30 minutes. It will be done when some cracks form on the surface and when an inserted knife or skewer comes out mostly clean (it won’t be entirely).
5. Allow to cool on a rack, slice into squares and keep in the fridge.