These are seriously amazing. Waaay better than any of the eggs you can buy in the supermarket – & actually very nutritious & filling! There were quite a few that didn’t make it to the photo shoot!! Aside from the conventional nutty-ballbags for the eggs, you can use any dry roasted nuts -almonds, macadamias & hazelnuts are my faves, & any chocolate you like to dip!
1 x 750g Vegan BallBag (use the original nutty BallBags)
100g of plain (unflavoured) raw cacao butter, roughly chopped into small chunks
100g of dry roasted nuts (I used almonds here)
6 teaspoons of vanilla essence (or to taste)
70-80g of coconut oil or water (add until they stick together well when squeezed)
1 block of quality dark cooking chocolate (I used Lindt, dark cooking choccy 70% here – it worked nicely).
1) Heat chocolate gently (broken into pieces) in a double saucepan to melt it without burning. This is for dipping your eggs in once they are set & cold.
2) Tip Ballbag into a large bowl & add all other ingredients.
3) Mix together thoroughly & squeeze into egg shapes ( I made these approx half the size of a large chicken egg)
4) Place eggs in freezer to set for 10-20 mins
5) Using a sharp-pointed knife / skewer / fork, impale the eggs from the top & then dip them in the melted choccy to coat half. The cold eggs will set the melted choccy quickly, then you can place them on a tray & pop back into the fridge.