No products in the cart.
helps you lose weight & improve body composition
helps with cholesterol problems & cardiovascular disease
improves diabetes & metabolic syndrome
decreases inflammation in the gut & throughout the body
helps with allergies, eczema, asthma & hay fever
improves energy levels
helps balance hormones
strengthens & balances your immune system
improves your digestion & absorption of nutrients
The reasons fibre can help with all of these things are complex – but basically it helps to improve your ‘internal ecosystem’ (specifically your gut microbial diversity & abundance). Our good gut bugs eat whatever makes it through into the large intestine intact (i.e. fibre), & when they are well fed every day – they do all kinds of great things for us. The research on this topic is fascinating, & will completely change the way we look at food, medicine & health in general.
If you’re keen to find out some more – here’s a few names to google & start reading about food, fibre & gut health in general.
- Justin Sonnenberg (researcher & author)
- Tim Spector (researcher & author)
- Martin Blaser (Dr and author – Missing Microbes)
- Rob Knight (research & publications)
- Professor Luigina Romani (researcher)
- Ruth Ley (Integrative Biology)
- Professor Liping Zhao (great video understanding gut bacteria and obesity)
- Dr Robynne Chutkan (Integrative GP – another great video on modern medicine and its impact)
Please share some of your own ‘great reads’ in the comments below.